Temnothorax Nylanderi (Acorn Ant)
A lovely micro species. non aggressive and can be housed together with other non aggressive species.
• Humidity requirements: 30–50%
• Temperature requirements: 15–30 °C
• Hibernation: October-March at 10°C
• Suggested housing: Very small ants that require high level escape proofing.
• Nutrition: Sugars from honey or sugar water. Protein from insect sources such as fruit flies
• Colony size: 400 (colonies can grow rapidly)
• Queen size: 3-4 mm
• Worker size: 1-2 mm
• Monogyne/polygyne: Polygyne (Can be multiple Queens per colony)
Temnothorax Nylanderi, or the Acorn Ant is commonly found through much of Europe. Their name comes from the fact that they make nests in an large acorn which houses the whole colony. A very small species that needs a good escape prevention. Can be kept alongside other non aggressive species in cohabiting enclosure.
These arrive inside a syringe with acorn parts.