Odontomachus Monticola (Trap Jaw Ants)
Amazing hunting species.
• Humidity requirements: 50-80%
• Temperature requirements: 24-28 °C
• Hibernation: None
• Suggested housing: Wakooshi Ant Farm Modules, Acrylic, Ytong, Soil, Very adaptable
• Nutrition: Protein from insect sources such as small crickets, mealworms, small roaches.
• Colony size: 1-300
• Queen size: 13 mm
• Worker size: 10-13 mm
• Monogyne/Polygyne: Monogyne (One Queens per colony)
Warning: Can bite and sting so handle with care.
This is a large Trap Jaw Ant species. When they want to escape they often use their mandibles to jump backwards. They are very active and aggressive against any threat. Brilliant hunting species which can sting prey.
To see what species will be arriving soon please check our
Before ordering please carefully read our Alive Arrival Guarantee