Pristomyrmex Pungens (Japanese Queenless Ant)
Very interesting Ant species that do not have a queen.
• Humidity requirements: 40-60%
• Temperature requirements: 24-28 °C
• Hibernation: None
• Suggested housing: Wakooshi Ant Farm Modules, Acrylic, Ytong, Soil, Very adaptable
• Nutrition: Sugars from honey or sugar water. Protein from insect sources such as fruit flies
• Colony size: 1-10,000+
• Worker size: 2-3 mm
• Monogyne/polygyne: Queenless ant species
Pristomyrmex Pungens, or the Japanese Queenless Ant, is a rather easy species to keep.
Younger workers lay eggs and tend to the brood and can reproduce at a very fast rate if kept correctly. Older workers leave the nest to forage for food.
To see what species will be arriving soon please check our
Before ordering please carefully read our Alive Arrival Guarantee